SOLAR PHOTOVOLTAIC INSTALLER
Location: NJ, NY, CT
Pfister Energy, Inc. is a leading solar installer, delivering turnkey renewable energy systems for commercial, industrial, and institutional facilities, with an emphasis on building-integrated applications. We are one of very few renewable energy companies in the U.S. offering a comprehensive line of products, services and solutions within the solar, renewable energy and energy efficiency industries. As a design-build construction firm, we offer a complementary host of turnkey “green solutions,” custom-designed based on a given facility’s features. We are a growing company looking to expand its services and enter new markets.
Pfister Energy has been honored to be part of Inc. Magazine’s 500/5000 List of America’s Fastest Growing Private companies for the sixth consecutive year!
The Solar Photovoltaic Installer will assemble, install, or maintain solar Photovoltaic (PV) systems on roofs or other structures in compliance with site assessment and schematics. May include measuring, cutting, assembling, and bolting structural framing and solar modules. May perform minor electrical work such as current checks. Solar and/or electrical experience is preferred but not required.
- Install Photovoltaic (PV) systems in accordance with codes and standards using drawings, schematics, and instructions.
- Assemble solar modules, panels, or support structures, as specified.
- Apply weather sealing to array, building, or support mechanisms.
- Determine appropriate sizes, ratings, and locations for all system overcurrent devices, disconnect devices, grounding equipment, and surge suppression equipment.
- Install module array interconnect wiring, implementing measures to disable arrays during installation.
- Identify electrical, environmental, and safety hazards associated with Photovoltaic (PV) installations.
- Examine designs to determine current requirements for all parts of the Photovoltaic (PV) system electrical circuit.
- Check electrical installation for proper wiring, polarity, grounding, or integrity of terminations.
- Test operating voltages to ensure operation within acceptable limits for power conditioning equipment, such as inverters and controllers.
- Identify and resolve any deficiencies in Photovoltaic (PV) system installation or materials.
- Program, adjust, or configure inverters and controls for desired set points and operating modes.
- Visually inspect and test Photovoltaic (PV) modules or systems.
- Install required labels on solar system components and hardware.
- Determine materials, equipment, and installation sequences necessary to maximize installation efficiency.
- Perform routine Photovoltaic (PV) system maintenance on modules, arrays, batteries, power conditioning equipment, safety systems, structural systems, weather sealing, or balance of systems equipment.
- Activate Photovoltaic (PV) systems to verify system functionality and conformity to performance expectations.
Pfister Energy is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Email your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to kbdour@pfisterenergy. Add subject line: SOLAR PHOTOVOLTAIC INSTALLER
No phone calls or agencies please.