Ground Mounted Solar
Ground mounted solar panels are positioned on the ground rather than on the roof. The panels are positioned on a tilt frame at about a 30 degree angle which assures maximum solar energy absorption and output.
Rooftop solar arrays are the most common choice for solar however there are many reasons to consider a ground mounted solar panel system
- Installation size – depending on the amount of unused land, you can install a much larger PV system and generate higher savings
- Orientation – if the angle and orientation of the roof is not ideal, a ground mounted solar installation allows you to maximize your energy generation potential
- Shade – if your roof is surrounded by trees or buildings that cast shade, you can still achieve your sustainability goals by installing solar panels on the sunniest regions of the property
- Maintenance – maintenance can be performed relatively easily, you can walk right up to the array and easily navigate around to troubleshoot
- Fewer upgrades – no changes to the existing rooftops are necessary