E-1 UNLIMITED ELECTRICAL CONTRACTOR
Location: New London/Norwich, CT Area
Pfister Energy, Inc. is a leading solar installer, delivering turnkey renewable energy systems for commercial, industrial, and institutional facilities, with an emphasis on building-integrated applications. We are one of very few renewable energy companies in the U.S. offering a comprehensive line of products, services and solutions within the solar, renewable energy and energy efficiency industries. As a design-build construction firm, we offer a complementary host of turnkey “green solutions,” custom-designed based on a given facility’s features. We are a growing company looking to expand its services and enter new markets.
Pfister Energy has been honored to be part of Inc. Magazine’s 500/5000 List of America’s Fastest Growing Private companies for the sixth consecutive year!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serve as licensed electrician on-site at construction projects
- Obtain permits as required by law to carry out electrical work on construction projects
- Study blueprints and schematics, determine methods, plans and estimates, materials and equipment as well as manpower needed to complete assignment
- Inspects and evaluates electrical equipment to ensure that it operates efficiently and safely; determines whether equipment and new installations meet requirement of the National Electrical Code.
- Determines materials needed for most frequently occurring repair work, prepares requisitions, and monitors inventory
- Assigns work and manages lower-level licensed Electricians, apprentice Electricians, Trades Helpers
- Reviews job performance by observing and critiquing work techniques and completed assignments
- Provides instruction and training in the proper methods and processes necessary to carry out electrician assignments
- Prepares written reports on ongoing projects and on the condition of machinery
- Knowledge of the principles of electricity and electronics and of electrical codes applying to work assignment
- Knowledge of the standard methods, materials, tools, and equipment of the electrical trade
- Knowledge of electrical devices such as controls, switches, starters, transformers, motors, and panel boards
- Knowledge of the potential occupational hazards connected with electrical work and the safety standards and practices, which should be applied
- Skilled in the use of the tools of the electrical trade
- Installation of electrical devices
- Diagnosing the cause of electrical breakdowns, and in repairing and adjusting electrical devices.
- Ability to interpret and apply blueprints, schematics, maintenance manuals, and assembly instructions
- Ability to study and comprehend latest technology and make mathematical computations
- Ability to work from ladders, scaffolds, hydraulic towers, or in tunnels and crawl spaces.
- Strong interpersonal/human relations and customer service skills
- Strong organizational skill set
- Strong work ethic, high level of craftsmanship/workmanship with a solid attention to detail
- E-1 Electrical Contractor in State of Connecticut
- Experience managing large and small crews
- Knowledge of Electrical Code
- Experience in Solar & Renewable Energy preferred but not required
Pfister Energy, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, affirms in policy and practice its commitment to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, citizenship, eligible veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by law.
Email your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to kbdour@pfisterenergy. Add subject line: E-1 UNLIMITED ELECTRICAL CONTRACTOR
No phone calls or agencies please.